HEALTH, SAFETY, AND ENVIRONMENT (HSE) POLICY
Prometheus Energy is committed to attain the highest standards of health, safety and environment in all aspects of its business. Our policy is to perform business activities in a safe manner while complying with applicable health, safety, and environmental laws and regulations. Our policy emphasizes the following primary actions:
• Demonstrate QHSE leadership and accountability by making QHSE management a primary line management responsibility;
• Regularly communicate with our owners, employees, business associates, contractors, and vendors about our QHSE goals and expectations;
• Recruit, select, and retain high caliber, responsible individuals to create and maintain a work force that can competently execute our QHSE policies;
• Ensure effective employee participation in QHSE management through recognition and incentive programs;
• Identify, communicate, and manage the hazards with which we work and ensure the risks we face are reduced to levels that are as low as reasonably possible;
• Establish clear emergency planning, response and preparedness procedures for people working in our offices, shops, and at our well site locations; and
• Regularly evaluate and update of our health, safety and environmental policies.
• The commitments listed are in addition to our basic obligation to comply with Company standards, as well as with all applicable laws and regulations where we operate. This is critical to our business success because it allows us to systematically minimize losses and adds value for our stakeholders.
LNG IS NATURAL GAS COOLED TO A LIQUID STATE AT AMBIENT PRESSURE
• Clean, generally odorless
• Mostly methane, but contains other hydrocarbons and nitrogen
• 600 times the energy content or density of its gaseous form
• Allows transport over longer distances at lower costs
• Higher ignition temperature when comparable to propane, diesel and other liquid fuels
• Global industry, 60+ years in operation
•Expansion Ratio: ≈ 1:592
•Liquid Density: ≈ 26.12 lb/ft3 or 3.49 lb/gal
•Specific Gravity of Gas: ≈ 0.58
•Melting Point: ≈ -296 °F
•Colorless & Odorless
(but can be seen & sometimes smelled)
•Burns with a lazy flame
•Skin Contact: severe frostbite
•Swallowing: unlikely, but frostbite
•Eye Contact: frostbite
•1 LNG gal ≡ 82.6 SCF of NG
•1 LNG gal contains 82,600 Btu.
•1 SCF of NG contains 1,000 Btu.